Once you have your booking dates confirmed by us you can either pay by cheque, Paypal or bank transfer (please ask me for my bank details.). Please note that we will only hold a booking slot open for 24 hours. If you have not paid within this time, your dates will be released, and another guest may book those dates. If you contact me within the 24 hour period to advise me that you will be paying, the dates can be held for a further 24 hours only.
When paying by cheque, please advise us so that we can hold your dates for a little longer. Please do not make any payment until you have a confirmation of availability from us.
PLEASE READ THE EMERGENCY COVID 19 TERMS BELOW
Please note that you do not need to be a member of Paypal, you can just use your own debit or credit card through them, there are no additional charges for using this service. Once you click on Pay you then go through the secure Paypal server for all the payment details.
Once your payment goes through we will send you a receipt. Please note that by making a booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Millport Breaks Terms & Conditions
COVID 19 Conditions and terms – these terms and conditions apply to any new bookings made after January 1st 2021 and will be subject to review regularly, as the situation unfolds.
- No new bookings will be taken under my usual cancellation policy. Instead these will be :
- Subject to a strictly non refundable, but low, deposit of £25. We recognise that the uncertainty of the situation is likely to make booking ahead problematic. To avoid having to increase admin time refunding , or continually moving dates, the £25 will be my admin fee ,and reflects the amount of time spent updating calendars, emailing receipts, arranging cleaning etc. Should your stay be subject to a further lockdown situation, this £25 will be non refundable.
- The balance of your stay, will not now be payable until two weeks before your stay, and will be fully refundable if the government forbid travel. You will also be refunded for any instruction to self isolate from NHS Scotland ( please supply your reference number ) or if you are infected by Covid yourself, ( please supply your positive test result ) up to one week before your stay. Your disinclination to travel will not be covered.
- YOU WILL ONLY BE ENTITLED TO a partial refund ( the second payment ) if your cancellation is Covid related -proof will be required. Your disinclination to travel will not be covered. If you need to cancel with less a week’s notice before your holiday: if I can relet your dates, I will refund minus any discounts I have to offer to fill those dates .
- Should a lock down situation occur while you are in the flat, you are required to leave as soon as is practical, and return home.
- Should you become ill with suspected Covid 19 while on holiday, we ask that you return home as soon as is practical, and inform us so that I can arrange a deep clean .
- You are required by law to give me your address, a contact phone number and email address in order to facilitate Test and Protect tracking.
- There will be an earlier check out at the moment of 9.30am, and some small housekeeping for you to undertake before you leave.
We hope you will enjoy a stay in one of the Millport Breaks flats, and would ask that you read our terms and conditions, outlined below, to ensure that you and subsequent holiday makers can get the best from their holiday.
1) All flats/ cottage are strictly No Smoking, both inside the flat, or right outside the door. If you wish to smoke, we are happy for you to use the shared garden ,in Cosy Corner or Beside the Bay, or the private garden in Rose Cottage . Any evidence of smoking within the flat will incur a £75 cleaning charge.
2) We ask that you leave the flat in a clean and tidy condition– in principal as you have found it- at the end of your stay- please clean the cooker, grill pan, and dispose of any barbecue debris. If there have been any dog related accidents, please clean these up. A quick hoover is always appreciated, and please empty the bins within the flat. I will arrive to clean the flat and change the beds at ten, so check out, unless otherwise arranged, is always by ten o’clock. Any fishing nets, buckets and spades should also be tidied up from the patio/garden so that the next guests can enjoy the area.
Any breakages or faults noted( such as fused lights, etc) should be reported as soon as you notice them. Any defects within the apartment/ cottage, such as areas that have not been cleaned to our usual high standard, must be reported to us immediately, and we must be given the right to rectify any problems as soon as it practical. Our cleaner lives on the island and can usually come round within 12 hours, if not sooner. In this instance, we must insist that we are given access to the property to rectify any defects. NO REFUNDS will be given unless the fault is one that would materially affect your holiday, such as lack of water, electricity etc, and then any refund will be at our discretion ,after dialogue with yourselves.We would ask that you do not leave a negative review until these discussions have taken place.
4)We cannot be held responsible for delays or cancellation of the ferry to Cumbrae. It is unusual for the ferries to be off all day due to poor weather, but it remains the responsibility of all holiday makers to ensure that they check any alterations or cancellations on the day of travel. We strongly advise taking out travel insurance.
5) Should the ferries go off while you are staying in a Millport Breaks flat, we require immediate notification that you have been unable to vacate the premises. Any further charge for your additional stay will be at our discretion, and will depend on whether the next renters have been able to access the ferry. Should you arrive at the ferry port in Largs to find that the ferries have stopped running whilst you have been travelling, we are not responsible for finding or paying for any overnight accommodation. We would ask that you let us know as soon as possible, if this has happened, though, so that we can advise you. Any refund for unused nights due to this eventuality, are at our discretion, and on a case by case basis. We strongly recommend downloading the Calmac app and keep checking the ferry status as you travel.
6) Please ensure your children are supervised at all times both inside the premises and in the garden area. The shared drying green must be left as you found it. We ask that you respect the comfort of our neighbours and keep noise to a reasonable level, particularly at night. Our quiet hours are between 10pm and 8am .
7) Your dogs must also be supervised within the flat and the garden area at all times. Please provide your own bedding , bowls, utensils etc for your dogs. Please do not use our couch blankets or throws for your animal- in all apartments, you will find a basket with some doggy throws should your dog wish to join you on the couch! It is strictly forbidden to allow your dogs in the beds, though they are welcome to sleep in their own bed in the room beside you . The gardens cannot be guaranteed to be escape proof for your dog.
8) Check in time is after four pm, and check out is at ten am. Any alteration to this is strictly by prior arrangement. I will send keysafe information with your final receipt, and you can let yourselves in when you arrive, after 4pm.
9) The Wifi signal in all premises cannot be guaranteed , though it’s very unusual for it to fail. Please do not download any large files, which may incur extra charges.
10) The log burner in the flat in Cosy Corner and Beside the Bay will have a basket of logs supplied- more can be purchased either from me ( details in your information letter ) or on the mainland. We ask that children are supervised closely around the burner, and that you do not place any items on the top of the burner.
This data will never be passed on to a third party in any circumstances, unless legally we are obliged to do so, for example in any dispute, or in order to assist in criminal investigations. No financial data over two years old will be stored either online or in a hard copy, and addresses, email adresses, and mobile phone numbers will be stored for up to two years. If you have made a general enquiry, but not booked,your details will be deleted after six months No mail shots, unsolicited emails or letters will ever be sent to you . If you would like your details to be deleted before these time scales, please let me know.
If you have made contact via our Facebook page, this messenger system will never be used to send unsolicited messages. In order to keep seeing posts on the page, including but not limited to special offers, cancellations etc, please update your own settings via Facebook to ensure you continue to see posts like these.
12) Booking a Millport Breaks holiday and paying the deposit or complete payment implies acceptance in full of these terms and conditions.