Once you have your booking dates confirmed by us you can either pay by cheque , Paypal or bank transfer.(please ask me for my bank details.) Please note that we will only hold a booking slot open for 24 hours .If you have not paid within this time, your dates will be released, and another guest may book those dates.If you contact me within the 24 hour period to advise me that you will be paying , the dates can be held for a further 24 hours only.
When paying by cheque, please advise us so that we can hold your dates for a little longer. Please do not make any payment until you have a confirmation of availability from us.
Please note that you do not need to be a member of Paypal, you can just use your own debit or credit card through them, there are no additional charges for using this service. Once you click on Pay you then go through the secure Paypal server for all the payment details.
Once your payment goes through we will send you a receipt. Please note that by making a booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Millport Breaks Terms & Conditions
We hope you will enjoy a stay in one of the Millport Breaks flats, and would ask that you read our terms and conditions, outlined below, to ensure that you and subsequent holiday makers can get the best from their holiday.
1) All flats/ cottage are strictly No Smoking, both inside the flat, in the common close, or right outside the door. If you wish to smoke, we are happy for you to use the shared garden area. Any evidence of smoking within the flat will incur a £75 cleaning charge.
2) We ask that you leave the flat in a clean and tidy condition– in principal as you have found it- at the end of your stay- please clean the cooker, grill pan, and dispose of any barbecue debris. If there have been any dog related accidents, please clean these up. A quick hoover is always appreciated, and please empty the bins within the flat. I will arrive to clean the flat and change the beds at ten, so check out, unless otherwise arranged, is always by ten o’clock. Any fishing nets, buckets and spades should also be tidied up from the patio/garden so that the next guests can enjoy the area.
Any breakages or faults noted( such as fused lights, etc) should be reported as soon as you notice them.Any defects within the apartment/ cottage, such as areas that have not been cleaned to our usual high standard, must be reported to us immediately, and we must be given the right to rectify any problems as soon as it practical. Our cleaner lives on the island and can usually come round within 12 hours, if not sooner. In this instance, we must insist that we are given access to the property to rectify any defects. NO REFUNDS will be given unless the fault is one that would materially affect your holiday, such as lack of water, electricity etc, and then any refund will be at our discretion ,after dialogue with yourselves.We would ask that you do not leave a negative review until these discussions have taken place.
3) A deposit of up to 50% is required to secure your holiday dates. I will advise you of the precise amount required to secure your dates when you contact me, as I often run offers with smaller deposits. This may be paid by Paypal, cheque or bank transfer. The remaining payment for your holiday is required at least one calendar month before your holiday. Should you book a holiday at short notice with dates commencing within a month, payment in full is required at the time of booking. Failure to pay the remaining portion of your holiday within the specified times will result in a cancellation, and no part of the deposit will be returned. We strongly advise that you take out holiday insurance to cover cancellation , should you be unable to take your holiday due to illness etc. ( Often your bank provides travel insurance , so it’s worth checking if you are covered ) Any repayment of part of the deposit or balance is at our discretion in these circumstances, and will depend on wether we are able to resell your dates. If we are able to resell them, we will refund you minus: any advertising costs incurred , any price reductions given to resell the holiday, and an admin charge for my time and effort to resell the holiday.Depending on the time scale, you may also lose the cost of my cleaner’s fee. The precise amount refunded will be on a case by case basis.
4)We cannot be held responsible for delays or cancellation of the ferry to Cumbrae. It is unusual for the ferries to be off all day due to poor weather, but it remains the responsibility of all holiday makers to ensure that they check any alterations or cancellations on the day of travel. We strongly advise taking out travel insurance.
5) Should the ferries go off while you are staying in a Millport Breaks flat, we require immediate notification that you have been unable to vacate the premises. Any further charge for your additional stay will be at our discretion, and will depend on whether the next renters have been able to access the ferry.
6) Please ensure your children are supervised at all times both inside the premises and in the garden area. The shared drying green must be left as you found it. We ask that you respect the comfort of our neighbours and keep noise to a reasonable level, particularly at night.
7) Your dogs must also be supervised within the flat and the garden area at all times. Please provide your own bedding , bowls, utensils etc for your dogs. Please do not use our couch blankets or throws for your animal- in all apartments, you will find a basket with some doggy throws should your dog wish to join you on the couch! It is strictly forbidden to allow your dogs on the beds, though they are welcome to sleep in their own bed in the room beside you . The gardens cannot be guaranteed to be escape proof for your dog. Please do not allow your dog to access the garden in 44 George Street, unless under strict supervision- Monty, the upstairs dog, thinks this garden is his alone, and will attempt to herd up any unattended dogs!
8) Check in time is after four pm, and check out is at ten am. Any alteration to this is strictly by prior arrangement. I will send keysafe information with your final receipt, and you can let yourselves in when you arrive, after 4pm.
9) The Wifi signal in all three premises cannot be guaranteed , though it’s very unusual for it to fail. Please do not download any large files, which may incur extra charges.
10) The log burner in the flat in Crawford street will have a basket of logs supplied- more can be purchased either from me ( details in your information letter ) or on the mainland. We ask that children are supervised closely around the burner, and that you do not place any items on the top of the burner.
11) Data and information on you will be stored securely. We only collect data in relation to your holiday, and normally this comprises of phone number, address, mobile phone number, and occasionally we may require bank details in order to refund you .
This data will never be passed on to a third party in any circumstances, unless legally we are obliged to do so, for example in any dispute, or in order to assist in criminal investigations. No financial data over two years old will be stored either online or in a hard copy, and addresses, email adresses, and mobile phone numbers will be stored for up to two years. If you have made a general enquiry, but not booked,your details will be deleted after six months No mail shots, unsolicited emails or letters will ever be sent to you . If you would like your details to be deleted before these time scales, please let me know.
If you have made contact via our Facebook page, this messenger system will never be used to send unsolicited messages. In order to keep seeing posts on the page, including but not limited to special offers, cancellations etc, please update your own settings via Facebook to ensure you continue to see posts like these.
12) Booking a Millport Breaks holiday and paying the deposit or complete payment implies acceptance in full of these terms and conditions.